We all use different types of gadgets for different purposes. Each gadget serves a varied objective. For instance, a mobile phone is used for personal communication, organizing the plans for the day, navigation facilities, social networking, online banking, emergency, business needs, and so on. Alike the mobile phone we have another alternative that is the tablets.
What is a tablet?
Alike mobile phones, tablets also have the same features. But there are some minor differences in their functions and facilities. Tablets are usually larger than the mobile phone and they are not compact. They can be useful for a large screen experience and clarity in work, gaming, and other entertainment purposes, functions.
They give us a better screen experience as they are large. And we can use this for many entertainment purposes and also it can be used for professional works.
- Tablets act as a great e-readers.
- It has very extraordinary battery durability.
- It is easy to use and enables us to work with no issues.
- It is mainly used for gaming and other entertainment because of its large screen feature.
- It is a very good tool for the students, they act as textbooks and help them with their studies and other research activities.
- It gives us an incredible visual experience.
- It is portable and thus makes a boring day even better.
- It is quite commonly used for gaming, reading, researching but it also serves as a productive work station
- Tablets usually don’t crash thus provides a better user interface.
What is a tablet launcher?
Have you ever heard about tablet launchers? What it is used for? I will brief you on the answers.
A tablet launcher also called a home screen replacement is an app that is used to customize the operating system of the Android tablets and to modify the overall outlook of the home screen.
It is used to customize the home screen by organizing the apps, activating the smart gestures, changes in the operating system, etc. They don’t make any permanent modifications to your device.
Tablet launchers are categorized into two types, Design launchers, and Smart launchers.
Design launchers enable the users to customize the overall outlook of the home screen. The designs can be a simple one or more elaborate. It gives a wood finished look or a collage outlook. The user can also activate the smart gesture feature such as shaking the device to arrange the icons, swiping in any of the directions to enable an inbuilt feature, etc.
The Smart launcher, on the other hand , helps to stay connected with us. It tracks our daily routine by arranging the apps that we use the maximum to the front of the home screen. This helps the user to ideally locate the most important apps and to stay organized throughout the day.
As the Smart launcher acts as a reminder to the user, it is highly a boon feature, and a user- friendly interface. And they also track your location whether you are at home or office and they suggest a suitable app for you. But we cannot switch between the launchers too often.
Best launchers for tablets
- Apex Launcher
- Google Now Launcher
- Smart Launcher 2
- Go Launcher EX
- Nova Launcher
- Square Home 2
- Action Launcher
- Microsoft Launcher
- Hyperion Launcher
- ADW Launcher 2
Apex launcher can be used both for mobile phones and tablets. It gives the user a stunning visual and customization experience. It helps you to customize the home screen and make it more visually presentable and gives a cool effect. It has a variety of features that you can use to make your tablet look organized.
- It provides 9 home screens, that you can switch between.
- It also enables you to use different home screens and customize your apps in different folders with different norms.
- It acts as an excellent customization tool for your device.
- It also enables you to perform various gestures for various actions.
- It has numerous transition effects that you can use for different folders.
- It has sufficient dock space for seven icons.
- It also allows you to hide certain elements such as the taskbar, folders, and even the dock.
Google Now Launcher
If you are a person who always picks Google apps for all your device needs, then Google’s Now Launcher is for you. It solely changes the entire look of your home screen. It also allows you to make some modifications in the appearance of your app icons, the way your app drawer looks, and so on. It was released on July 15, 2014.
- It has a “Contextual assistant” a left swipe away feature that enables you to view all the basic information like weather, traffic, and all other basic updates.
- It has an “Always-on” Google voice typing feature which is helpful in times when we are in catastrophes.
- The app icons are usually big and also there prevails enough space between the icons in the app drawer.
- It has a decent variety of themes and other customization facilities.
Smart Launcher 2
Many of us will be looking for simple but faster launchers. For those people, I suggest Smart Launcher 2. It has a very user-friendly and helpful interface. It has a variety of features, which is immensely helpful and also exciting to work with.
- It is very simple to operate.
- Its minimalist approach and low focus requirements allow you to work with the required apps at the required time.
- It increases access to the most used icons and the double-tap option allows you to perform 2 screen performances of the same app all at once.
- All the apps are categorized based on its features automatically.
- You can perform the gesture action every time you want to perform any actions.
- It also has the feature of notifying you of all the notifications on the home screen.
- You can also, hide all the unwanted apps and protect it with a password, this ensures the safety of your device.
Go Launcher EX
Go Launcher EX gives you a nice and colorful experience with your tablet’s overall outlook on the home screen. You can explore the different varieties of themes and other features that they render. It is easy to operate and you’ll fall for its colorful home screen customization features.
- It provides a complete package of all the features to thoroughly renovate your device’s viewpoint.
- You can also change the fonts and customize your home screen, the way you want.
- It also offers you the facility to change the shape of the application icon and organize them in any of the orders.
- It is a very secure and personal terminal that has n number of varied features to, enhance your tablet.
We all love it if some unique feature stands out compared to the others. Yes, the Nova Launcher has some interesting and exceptional features that grab the attention of the users. It has a variety of incompatible elements to try out. If you are a person who loves variety in your launcher application, then this one is for you.
- It allows you to customize your home screen, app icons, and folders.
- Like I’ve mentioned above the unique feature it offers is its wonderful graphics. Every time you swipe, touch, or navigate you can experience the premium animations.
- You can organize all your applications on the dock with 7 icons on a page and up to 3 pages.
- It allows infinite navigation facilities.
- All the data can be backed up and exported to any other device.
- The never-used apps can be hidden to avoid a clumsy home screen.
- Through the app drawer, you can arrange all your applications and the folders in an elegant manner.
- All your apps can be organized in a presentable way through the help of the custom grid.
Square Home 2
Square Home 2 is a specialized launcher that has the touch of the Windows 10 operating system. If you are used to the desktop and want the same interface on your tablet too, then is what you need right now. It comforts you with the same interface as the desktop.
- It has the same environment as the Windows 10 operating system. And this launcher can be used on all devices such as mobile phones, desktops, and tablets.
- The home screen can be customized according to your preferences and it allows you to add different shapes of icons, different widgets, etc.
- It also enables you to develop different home screens and you can switch between them within no time.
- It has a variety of home screen tiles that add to your overall appearance of the home screen.
- With the use of the app drawer, you can neatly organize your apps with just a drag.
- It has both horizontal and vertical scrolling options.
Action Launcher is an all-rounder. It satisfies all the needs that you expect to be present in a launcher. All the features available are easy to use and it is a user friendly and helpful application. It is also an award-winning app, Android Central’s “Best Android Launchers Of 2016” and the Google Play Store’s best apps of 2015.
- All the features like an app icon style, dock customization, full screen mode are inbuilt and highly helpful in arranging the home screen space.
- It also helps in viewing up to date information such as the weather, to-do list, traffic conditions, navigation, etc.
- It also lessens your customization chore easy by automatically adjusting the size of the home screen icons to be fit in the dock.
- It also has a unique “Cover” feature. By tapping on the cover loads an app and by swiping the cover you can have access to the hidden apps.
- It allows you to access all your various other layouts on the different launchers such as Nova, Apex, Google Now Launcher, Stock Android Launcher, HTC Sense, Samsung/Galaxy TouchWiz, etc.
The new update of the Microsoft Launcher has exciting features that are highly recommendable. As always, Microsoft applications come up with a professional touch and this app is no longer an exception. It has many cool features with a professional touch.
- It is highly organizable.
- It allows you to have a glance at your daily works, weather forecast, notes, to-do list, etc.
- It has a variety of icon packs that you can use to enhance your device’s home screen.
- The new update has some augmented performance such as efficient battery usage, loads faster, less usage of storage space, etc.
- It also has a dark mode feature which is highly appreciable.
Want all the best and premium features together in a launcher? Is this possible? Yes, it is possible to have all the premium features of a launcher in this Hyperion Launcher. It is designed by admiring the best qualities of the other top launchers and finally, the outcome was a unified interface with wonderful features.
- It offers a wide range of colors to make your device more creative and fun-filled. It offers background colors, widget colors, dock colors, icon colors, etc.
- The shape, size, and the color of the icons can be changed.
- It helps in easy customizations through swiping and tapping the screen.
- It has two widgets namely Google Search Widget and Google Smart Widget.
- It also has a backup cloud facility specially designed for pro users.
ADW Launcher 2
ADW Launcher 2 is a basic application that can be used by all. It turns your tablet into a completely organized device by its active features.
- It has so many awesome features like dynamic UI coloring of wallpapers and icons, smart app drawer, home screen transitions, improved icon and folder attributes, and so on.
- It has a template manager in which you can store and share the templates.
- You can also create your widgets or get them from friends or share the widgets and make your device more manageable.
- It also has an app gesture feature that enables you to open any application just only by gestures.
We have plenty of launchers that have different and unique attributes that are used to customize our tablet’s home screen the way we like. But we lack a major aspect. We have not considered elderly people while designing these applications. Fortunately, you have one launcher application that is designed to provide a user-friendly interface and solve all the issues relating to elderly people. It is known as the BaldPhone launcher.
- It is highly helpful for elderly people to view the home screen and search for what they want. Because the size of the icons are huge.
- They also have all the necessary information like the weather, keypad, contacts, voice, alarms, pills reminder, etc right in front of the home screen.
- It is mainly designed to assist elders with motoric and visual defects.
- It also has all the important apps to be accessed by them very easily.
Now you might have got a clear understanding of the various tablet launchers, their features, and their unique attributes. Launchers are something that should be carefully chosen to have a good and reviving user experience.
To make your work even easier, I’ve listed out the top and premium tablet launchers that can be used to transform your device’s home screen. Customize your device and enjoy an organized home screen.