There are a ton of reasons to buy a tablet!
They are the best devices for movies, music, videos, e-reading, and every form of entertainment at home. When it comes to workplaces, tablets are efficient and portable productivity devices. They are the perfect partners for traveling as well. Tablets bridge the gap between heavy laptops and tiny-screened mobile phones.
Added to that they are cheaper as compared to buying a new laptop. Tabs can be used to monitor your pets, old parents, used by kids, and do so much more. With screens, larger than mobile phones (Containing every possible feature of mobile phones), and weights lighter than laptops they are a must-have in today’s time.
Best 7 Inch Tablets To Consider
Here’s a list of some of the best 7 Inch tablets put together just for you:
Amazon Fire 7 Tablet.
Amazon Fire 7 is one of the best-selling tablets available in the market. Manufactured by Amazon itself, it is top-ranked and Editor’s choice on many shopping sites. Its latest model is said to have better features and double storage space. It is specifically designed to meet the entertainment needs of all age groups; Providing platforms to enjoy millions of movies, books, and songs alike. It can be used by children too by setting appropriate parental controls and using limits. Amazon Fire 7 also has everyone’s favorite Alexa, the voice assistant! Some of its cool features are:
- Storage: 16 or 32 GB of in-build storage and extendable up to 512 GB by using a memory card.
- Battery: It has Lithium-Ion Batteries with a battery back-up of 7 hours. It gets fully charged within 4 hours with a micro-USB power adapter.
- It has a 2 MP front camera and 720p HD video recording.
- Audio: It has an integrated speaker and a 3.5mm stereo jack.
- CPU and RAM: Amazon Fire 7 has a 1.3 GHz quad-core processor (MediaTek 8163) (9th Generation Processors) and 1 GB of RAM.
- Size and Weight: Its dimensions are 7.6” ×4.5” ×0.4” i.e. 192 ×115 ×9.6 mm. It weighs approximately 10.1 ounces or 286 grams.
- Display: The tablet has a 7” touchscreen display and 1024 × 600 resolution at 171 ppi, SD Video Playback, an advanced polarizing filter, and IPS technology (In-plane Switching).
- Wi-Fi Connectivity: It connects to Single-antenna Dual-band connections and supports Personal or Public Wi-Fi networks and hotspots that have a dual-band connection. The Tablet provides location-based services via the Wi-Fi connection.
- Colors: It is available in 4 variety of colors namely, Black, Twilight Blue, Plum, and Sage (Greenish Shade).
- Additional Features: It supports A2DP compatible stereo sounds systems like headphones, speakers, microphones, etc. through its in-built Bluetooth. It also has external volume control keys along with features like text-to-speech, screen magnifier, settings to access for closed captions, font, size, color correction, and high contrast text.
- Warranty: The tablet has a 90-day (3 months) warranty and service included along with it. Additional extended warranty for periods of 1-year, 2-years, and 3-years can be brought. It is sold only to customers in the US by Amazon.
The Tablet was released in May 2019. Amazon also offers a sleek and classic cover for the tablet that will protect it securely from damage. The cover is also designed to give a hands-free viewer experience both, in portrait and landscape orientation.
On ordering online or buying from the store a USB cable, 5W power adapter, and a basic guide is included along with the Amazon Fire 7 tablet. Its prices at $49.99 (Approximately between Rs.3,500 to Rs.4,000) and has a rating of 4.5 out 5 stars on Amazon.com. It is the perfect option if you are looking for a personal tablet!
Lenovo M7 Tablet.
Style with affordability is what drives the Lenovo M7 tablet. It has a superb metal-body to make it light-weight and portable. With its thin borders, the tab focuses on a larger than life video streaming experience. Plus, thanks to its metal body, it won’t break anytime soon. It also has a TUV-certified display that cuts down the harmful blue light emissions which is great because it means minimal harm done to your eyes in spite of long hours of screen-time. Here’s a list of its features:
- Storage: The Lenovo M7 Tablet has a memory storage space of 1 GB or 16 GB and extendable memory up to 2 TB exFAT or 128 GB FAT32 with micro SD card support.
- Battery: It has a good battery life of up to 10 hours with the standard Lithium-Ion batteries.
- Camera: The tablet has a rear camera of 2 MP with a fixed-focus and a front camera of 2 MP with fixed-focus.
- Audio: It has a microphone and a Dolby Audio tuned front-facing speaker build-in the tablet.
- CPU and RAM: It has a MediaTek MT8321 32-bit Quad-Core processor which is up to 1.30 GHz. It works on Android 9 Pie Go Edition as its operating system. It has a processor count of 1.
- Size and Weight: The size dimensions of the device are 102.85 mm ×176.33 mm ×8.25 mm and in inches, it is 4.05” ×6.94” ×0.32”. It weighs approximately 0.52 lbs. or 13.6 ounces (236 grams).
- Display: The M7 has a display of 7 inches with 1024 ×600pixel resolution IPS that offers rich color saturation, touchscreen, and 350 nits.
- Connectivity: It has a built-in Wi-Fi connectivity system and Bluetooth 4.0 of 802.11 b/g/n (1 ×1).
- Colors: The colors available for this model of the brand are Onyx Black, Iron Grey, and Platinum Grey.
- Additional Features: The tablet offers a good selection of pre-installed applications for your convenience. An important feature of Lenovo M7 is that it has a metal body covering which makes it durable and long-lasting in terms of damage.
- Warranty: Lenovo does not provide a warranty for its product.
It was released in February of 2020 and since then, its sales have been growing. It has a decent 4.4 out 5 stars rating on Amazon.com. A single down point this tablet has that there is a lesser variety of color shades to choose from as Black and Grey are the only colors available. The price range for this product is from $88.13 which approximates to Rs. 7,000 to $109 which approximates to Rs. 8,500. Its renewed model with a memory of 16 GB has a higher price i.e. $109.
HP Stream 7 Series.
The HP Stream 7 series offers 2 models- The HP Stream 7 and HP Stream Plus 7. It can be used for multiple purposes but the tablet was made keeping in mind the needs for a workplace tablet. With its superb quality Windows 8.1 experience and a complete suite of tools and services for the workplace, it makes work a fun and fluid experience. It is not only apt for use at the workplace but with its speed quality and massive storage space, it is a gamer’s favorite too. Some of its great features are:
- Storage: It has a flash memory size of 32 GB with an extendable memory of 32 GB as well. The memory type specification is DDR2 SDRAM.
- Battery: It makes use of Lithium Polymer batteries which offer a battery life of 7 hours. It has a battery capacity of 3000 mAh.
- Camera: The tablet has a dual camera with a rear webcam of 2 MP resolution. The front camera has 640 ×480 pixels.
- Audio: It has a loudspeaker and stereo speaker systems.
- CPU and RAM: HP Stream 7 has an operating system of Windows 8.1 with Bing. It makes use of Intel HD Graphics as its Graphics Coprocessor. It has a 1 GB RAM memory (DDR3L). Its hardware platform is also functioned by Windows. The tablet has a processor count of 4. It offers a CPU by Intel Bay Trail
- Size and Weight: Its size dimensions are 4.36 ×7.59 ×0.39 inches. It weighs 12.8 ounces or 0.80 Lbs.
- Display: It has a beautiful 7-inch touchscreen HD razor-sharp display with a screen resolution of 1280 ×800 pixels.
- Connectivity: It has wireless connectivity of 802.11 bgn for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- Colors: It is available only in black color.
- Additional features: As this tablet is specifically designed to aid in workplaces, HP offers a free 1-year Office 365 Personal (It costs $69.95 when purchased additionally). It has a powerful processor that offers speedy responsiveness. A free 1 TB storage space on OneDrive is also offered.
- Warranty: HP gives a complimentary 90-day warranty service for this product with certain applied terms and conditions. Additional warranty can be purchased through the HP website.
It has a decent average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars on Amazon.com from more than 1,500+ customer reviews. It was released in June 2017. HP is known for its quality assurance over many years and prompt customer service. This tablet offers many free tools and services by its manufacturer software. Its price is $159 which is approximately Rs. 12,000. Albeit a little expensive, it comes with a whole load of features provided by Microsoft which makes the tablet worth the price.
Vankyo MatrixPad S7
Vankyo MatrixPad S7 is the latest and updated version of MatrixPad Z1. It is faster, better, and convenient than the previous generation.
MatrixPad packs a whole possibility of uses into its single tablet. It can be used for entertainment, traveling, and kids too. It is well-designed for a sleek, convenient, and easy to use transportable feeling. One of its great features is the possibility of offline navigation as it has a built-in GPS. With features better than other average 7-inch tablets, it also comes at an affordable price, and to add more here are some of its best features listed below:
- Storage: MatrixPad has a storage space of build-in 32 GB and an expandable space of up to 128 GB by memory cards. The in-build computer memory type is DDR3 SDRAM.
- It has a battery life of 8 hours after full charging. It comes in a 2900 mAh battery build-in device. It has a power source of DC. It requires 1 Lithium-Ion battery to function.
- Camera: The tablet has a 5MP rear camera resolution and 2 MP front camera resolution.
- It has features like video calling, video shooting, etc.
- CPU and RAM: It is made up of a Quad-Core 1.3 GHz processor and has a RAM capacity of 2 GB. It has a graphics coprocessor of Mali T820. The Hardware processing platform is Android and the processor count is 4. The Hard Drive Interface is USB 2.0.
- Size and Weight: The size dimensions are 7.4 ×4.25 ×0.36 inches. It weighs 1.36 pounds or 8.8 oz.
- Display: It has a standing 7-inch touch screen display with a pixel resolution of 1024 ×600. It contains a 178-degree IPS display as well.
- Connectivity: The device has Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity of 802.11 bgn. It also has built-in GPS and an integrated FM system.
- Colors: It is available in Black and Pink colors (The Pink color is in light tinge).
- Additional features: With a good display quality, it reduces the strain and harm done to the eyes. It has a slim, lightweight design that gives it a luxurious feel. The device has Google Assistant-Enabled for a better user experience.
- Warranty: The manufacturer has not specified any product warranty.
This Tablet makes it to our list for its amazing features like 5 MP camera and 2 GB RAM which rests of its rivals fail to give. It comes along with a User Manual and charging cable. It has good reviews and ratings of 4.3 stars out of 5. MatrixPad prices at $74.99 which is Rs. 5,500. A good go-to option for shopping even though it is a lesser-known brand.
With this, I round up the list of some of the best 7-inch tablets to shop for. On a thorough comparison, Amazon Fire 7 stands to be the cheapest option.
HP Stream 7 is ideal for professional use and gaming with its features and Vankyo MatrixPad 7 remains to be a tablet with some better features than these 2 at a decent price. Lenovo M7 has its fair share of advantageable features at the price that it offers. Hope that this makes your tablet shopping experience a better and more informed one.
Please Note: Prices are subject to change. Kindly check the current price of the product.